Mantua PTA Wish Fund
The generous support of Mantua ES families, community supporters, faculty and staff enables us to operate an internal grant-making program called the Mantua PTA Wish Fund. We are pleased to announce the seventh year of the Wish Fund with an invitation to submit proposal applications seeking to fund projects with impact for our elementary school.
Mantua PTA announced the 2021-22 school year's $10,000 Wish Fund budget through the school newsletter and encouraged teachers, staff and current PTA members to submit applications. Information regarding the Wish Fund Grant can be found in the application packet, which can be downloaded HERE.
Please find links to former Grant Awards at the bottom of this page.
October 25: application window opens
November 14, 5PM: application submission deadline
December 2: PTA membership votes on committee recommendations
December 6-10: applicant notification of funding status
March 25: recipient reimbursement request and project evaluation report deadline
PTA Considerations for Proposal Review
The Wish Fund committee is responsible for reviewing applications and making recommendations to PTA membership for funding of Wish Fund proposals. The committee considers the following in its review:
- extent of a project’s impact on the total school community;
- number of students impacted and project benefits;
- degree of direct relationship to students’ program of study; and
- project sustainability (single use, multi-year, multi-purpose).
- Any items purchased with wish funds for this project become Mantua ES property and must be tagged accordingly.
- Wish funds must be spent as stated in the proposal.
- All applicable payments or reimbursements must be requested by March 25, 2022.
- Wish funds cannot be used to pay taxes on any portion of the project. Tax exclusion paperwork is available HERE.
- In compliance with National PTA guidelines and IRS regulations for non-profit organizations, funds granted through the Mantua PTA Wish Fund program may not be used for association memberships or activities that result in primarily personal gains by students, parents, teachers or staff.
- Applicants will provide a written Outcomes Summary to the PTA president and Wish Fund chair by March 25, 2022.
- Applicants who are not Mantua ES teachers or staff must be Mantua PTA members in good standing. You may join PTA online HERE. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of your status.
Previously Awarded Grants
2019-20 Photos: 1
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about this program.