Mantua PTA Wish Fund
The generous support of Mantua ES families, community supporters, faculty and staff enables us to operate the Mantua PTA Wish Fund, a grant-awarding program founded in 2014 that seeks to fund projects of impact for our elementary school. Click HERE to review the 2017-18 Grant Awards and HERE to view the original proposals. Mantua PTA announced the 2017-18 school year's $10,000 Wish Fund budget via the Alert News and encouraged teachers, staff and current PTA members to submit applications. Information regarding the Wish Fund Grant can be found in the application packet, which can be downloaded HERE.
October 19: application window opens
October 27 at 5 p.m.: application submission deadline
November 3: PTA membership votes on committee recommendations
November 3-10: applicant notification of funding status
March 30: recipient reimbursement request and project evaluation report deadline
PTA Considerations for Proposal Review
The Wish Fund committee is responsible for reviewing applications and making recommendations to PTA membership for funding of Wish Fund proposals. The committee considers the following in its review:
- extent of a project’s impact on the total school community;
- number of students impacted and project benefits;
- degree of direct relationship to students’ program of study; and
- project sustainability (single use, multi-year, multi-purpose).
- Any items purchased with wish funds for this project become Mantua ES property and must be tagged accordingly.
- Wish funds must be spent as stated in the proposal.
- All applicable payments or reimbursements must be requested by March 30, 2018.
- Wish funds cannot be used to pay taxes on any portion of the project. Tax exclusion paperwork is available HERE.
- In compliance with National PTA guidelines and IRS regulations for non-profit organizations, funds granted through the Mantua PTA Wish Fund program may not be used for association memberships or activities that result in primarily personal gains by students, parents, teachers or staff.
- Applicants will provide a written Outcomes Summary to the PTA president and Wish Fund chair by March 30, 2018.
- Applicants who are not Mantua ES teachers or staff must be Mantua PTA members in good standing. You may join PTA online HERE. Please email our Membership chairs at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure of your status.
Previously Awarded Grants
Please contact Kristina Clarke and Julie Middleton, PTA Wish Fund Committee Chairs, at email@example.com, or Sam Leiber, Mantua PTA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions about the Mantua PTA Wish Fund.